- 1 in 7 students aged 4 to 17 experience a mental health condition
- 50% of adult mental health conditions have begun by the age of 14
- 1 in 2 teachers suffer from anxiety and nearly 20% are depressed
Impact Data Shows…
- 95% of children felt MORE confident to take care of their mental health since doing the Grow Your Mind program
- 90% of teachers felt MORE confident in looking after their mental health after attending one of our Teacher Wellbeing courses
How we do it
- Grow Your Mind has taken the latest research of positive psychology, neuroscience, social and emotional learning and public health and created a comprehensive mental health education program for pre and primary school children, their educators and their families.
Check out our latest Impact Reports
The difference we make :
MENTAL HEALTH IMPACT
Pre and post evaluation surveys of 106 primary school kids at South Coogee Public School in 2019 revealed that:
- 92% felt MORE confident to take care of their mental health since doing the Grow Your Mind lessons.
- 1 in 2 students knew about the key parts of the brain as opposed to 1 in 5 before the Grow Your Mind program.
- Our teacher wellbeing course has seen 95% of all school staff attendees increase in their confidence to take care of their mental health.
To date we have :
- awarded 7 full Grow Your Mind scholarships to regional and rural schools across Australia as part of Project Flourish, in partnership wth the GoGo Foundation.
- donated over 200 Grow Your Mind kits to schools and families, as well as other resourcing and Professional development courses.
- partnered with the incredible social enterprise Avenue which provides work teams that support people with disability to engage with meaningful work. Avenue manages all our order fulfilment and warehousing.
- achieved BCorp certification since November 2019. This means we are part of a community that is working toward reducing inequality, lowering levels of poverty, creating a healthier environment, stronger communities, and the creation of more high quality jobs with dignity and purpose.
We are proud to be in such a diverse range of schools that are growing by the day… We are proud of this Grow Your Mind community. They are open with their feedback, often informing the latest content development, generous with each other, sharing the ways in which they use Grow Your Mind. With over 70 schools subscribed to our online subscription program, the list is long.
Here is a snapshot:
- Wesley College, Melbourne, VIC
- Prestons Public School, Prestons, NSW
- St John’s Lutheran Primary School, Bundaberg, QLD
- St Martin de Porres, Sheidow Park, SA
- Kyilla Primary School, North Perth, WA
Grow Your Mind have been a certified B Corporation since November 2019. This means we are part of a community that is working toward reducing inequality, lowering levels of poverty, creating a healthier environment, stronger communities, and the creation of more high quality jobs with dignity and purpose.