Free Parent Webinar
Making Friends with Uncomfortable Feelings
Tuesday 1 September / 8pm / 45 minutes with Live Q&A
JOIN GROW YOUR MIND CO-FOUNDER KRISTINA FREEMAN AND GROW YOUR MIND FRIEND, COACH & THERAPIST LIZ KIRBY FOR THIS EXCITING WEBINAR
Time’s they are a changin has never felt so true and brutal. The emotional roller coaster of this year is taking it’s toll. So how can we best support ourselves to navigate this emotionally tricky terrain as individuals, parents and educators?
WHAT WILL BE COVERED IN THIS WEBINAR:
- HAPPINESS – Unpacking the myths.
- UNDERSTANDING EMOTIONS – A look at how feelings are categorised and how they effect the brain.
- GETTING COMFORTABLE WITH THE UNAVOIDABLE – We investigate anger, sadness and anxiety to better understand role they play. Tips for shifting, embracing and getting comfy with these feelings.
- THE MIND BODY CONNECTION – How to check in.
- EMOTIONS & OUR KIDS – Why working on our emotional wellbeing is so important for our children.We will share playful tools + games to build emotional literacy in your children.
THIS WEBINAR IS FOR YOU IF YOU FEEL ANY ONE OF THESE THINGS:
- OVERWHELMED by the rollercoaster of emotions the current uncertainty brings.
- SCARED to let yourself feel.
- WORRIED about how your emotions might be effecting your children
- EMOTIONAL FATIGUE in this current climate.
- UNSURE about how to embrace uncomfortable feelings.
Grow Your Mind is an evidence-based wellbeing program for schools and families. We want all children, teachers and parents to know the positive strategies you can use to nurture and protect your mental health. Over 90% of children who have been taught our program reported a higher level of confidence in taking care of their wellbeing as did teachers who undertook our accredited NESA course. Grow Your Mind is used in over 300 schools in Australia and abroad. We are dedicated to teaching children, educators and families about the importance of looking after their mental health and evidence-based ways they can nurture good mental health.
Liz is a coach and counsellor who has always been fascinated by what makes people thrive. She loves empowering people to live the life they want to live, not the life they think they “should” live and specialises in anxiety, perfectionism, emotional and binge eating, as well as self esteem.
HEAR FROM SOME OUR OUR PARENTS THAT HAVE USED GROW YOUR MIND AT HOME:
“Flustered by the morning rush, my 9 year old son instructs me to stop, put my hand on my heart and take three deep anchor breaths. Grow Your Mind flows from the classroom into our family home. My boys regularly surprise my husband and me with the mature insights they gain from the programme. Through them, we are learning to be more mindful and to practice good mental health. My boys are displaying resilience and courage, and in turn they are inspiring us as their parents to put the same principles into practice. We are all benefiting from Grow Your Mind.”
Melanie (Mother of 2)
“Grow Your Mind has been so valuable in helping my children understand their emotions and how to improve control over them. Our family wellbeing is indebted to them.“
Floria (Mother of 2 )