PD PACKAGE – Growing kindness and respect at school (3x courses)
About this Package
This Professional Development Package is available for individual teachers for a limited time. Please contact us if you are interested in a whole school package.
Relationships are the heart of wellbeing and of a flourishing school life. Each PD offering gives teachers a skill set in creating a school where kindness and respect are the norm, even when no one is looking.
Upon completion you will receive a certificate that states you have completed the PD package. All courses can be counted towards teacher elective hours in your state.
Grow Your Mind Schools enjoy a 25% discount, use code found on the platform at check out.
It consists of 3 self led courses that cover:
- Building Friendship Skills – 30 mins
- Consent Education – 1 hour
- Inspiring a Culture of Kindness + Respect – 45 mins
Find details of each course below –
1. Building Friendship Skills
The Building Friendship Skills PD is designed for teachers in primary schools to create an environment where healthy friendships and positive relationships are at the heart of the learning environment.
Teachers will leave the PD knowing how to teach:
- What a healthy vs unhealthy friendship is
- Students to be problem solvers vs problem seekers
- Dealing with conflict productively
- Making amends respectfully
- Avoiding unnecessary conflict with emotional regulation
2. Consent Education
This PD will leave teachers confident to teach age appropriate consent education where permission and its nuances are explained thoroughly.
The consent course aims to help you:
- Know the golden rules of consent
- Understand the building blocks necessary to be able to consent and ask for permission
- Become familiar with our scope and sequence and lesson plans
- Practice and play with some of the fantastic resources we have created
This pre-recorded course is light, playful and provides numerous hands-on activities.
3. Inspiring a Culture of Kindness + Respect
The Inspiring a Culture of Kindness + Respect PD is designed for teachers in primary schools to create an environment that is friendly, inclusive, and kind. This PD aims to equip teachers with the skills to motivate their students to be kinder than necessary and to show respect regardless of differences.
Key topics explored
- How to teach the attributes that enable kindness
- Routines that build kindness and a sense of belonging in the classroom
- The place joy has in building a kind school, a simple classroom technique to allow time for it
- Kindness in action. Creating a be-of-benefit mindset
- Bullying, being rude or being mean? Spotting the difference and helping kids do the same
- How to inspire “a kind to all” attitude, not just your mates. Tips for encouraging kindness even when no one is looking!
How to enrol
- Purchase the course online
- For self-led online courses, we will send you an invitation within a few hours. Please keep an eye out for an email from Instructure Canvas LMS. When purchasing for multiple users, you will be given access to an enrolment tool to invite additional users.