Implementing Grow Your Mind
About this Course
This professional development course highlights how to embed + explicitly teach positive mental health strategies in the classroom and the school. We developed Grow Your Mind to make the life of a teacher easier when it comes to successfully teaching emotional wellbeing. This course explains how to make the most of our creations within the classroom and whole school environment.
Key course topics
- Building brain awareness – introducing the Grow Your Mind animal characters
- Making wellbeing engaging through stories, playdough, podcasts, and meaningful micro-moments
- Reclaiming the reputation of the Guard Dog ( the amygdala): is this a threat, a challenge, or an opportunity?
- The importance of staff wellbeing, how to ‘live’ wellbeing as a member of staff.
- Making the life of a teacher easier: a step by step guide of how to use our Digital for teachers subscription. Whether you are using this resource with under 5 minutes to spare or wishing to make the most of extensive units of work both in the health and literacy areas – we have you covered!
- Hear from other teachers on elements of the Digital for teachers subscription.
Watch a sneak peek of the courses here.
How to enrol
- Purchase the course online
- For self-led online courses, we will send you an invitation within a few hours. Please keep an eye out for an email from Instructure Canvas LMS. When purchasing for multiple users, you will be given access to an enrolment tool to invite additional users.